Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Traditions-- Raksha Bandhan

Hello ! Good evening.
I received my kreaxions punches today , and i am eager to use them. saw couple of videos and had a chat with awesome fellow scrappers to get some tip on it. Will need more practice.

I am entering this layout for anything Asian challenge on lasting memories . I have used my a piece of my mom's old saree , beaded lace also from India . And hand made accents to give it very traditional look.
We celebtrated Raksha Bandhan ( traditionally  sisters tie a rakhi on their brothers wrist , with a commitment from brother to protect her always), with my daughters tying rakhi on their dad's wrist and  theri brother in law wrist, as families have shrunken and even if we have brothers or sisters , they are far away .
I have used handmade Rakhi ( basically decorated thread like friendship band) ,on my layout.
creatingwithpaperandmore has awesome color combination, and the sketch is by very talented Bev from the challenge blog sketchesinthyme.




Hope you will like it.  Please leave your comments.

14 comments:

Beeceecreativity said...

amazing layers.. fabulous colour combo.. and great take on the Sketches in Thyme sketch.. thanks for playing along with us.

Beeceecreativity said...

and OMG you have your Kreaxions Punch going already.. great start and have fun with the punches

Unknown said...

I am so loving all the meticulous detail in this layout! Just a fabulous take on our sketch! Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Michele said...

Gosh your work is just gorgeous!! The details are extraordinary! Thanks so much for joining our "Asian theme" challenge over at Lasting Memories and great use of our sketch from Sketches in Thyme! :

KarenB said...

I *love* the colours and textures in your LO - so much to explore. What a beautiful way to document a beautiful tradition.

Karen Wilson said...

Wow, once again, I am in awe of your work! This is just stunning and love the story behind your page. Personal pieces .. layers .. it's gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

Kelly said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous layout! Love all the layers and be embellishments as well as the fussy cutting! Thanks so much for playing along in my Scrappy Friends Color Challenge at www.creatingwithpaperandmore.blogspot.com! :)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love all the detailed work in it. I think I could stare at forever and still find something new! Well done:) Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Elizabeth Campau LMDT
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

wendipooh13 said...

love all your details and trims!!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, such gorgeous details! Thanks for joining us at SIT!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Beautiful layout and especially love all the layers.

Jane said...

Such a vibrant and feel good page. Love your colour combination - thank you for joining us on Lasting Memories.

Rochelle Spears said...

gorgeous layout! Thanks for playing along with Sketches In Thyme. :)

ClaireR said...

awesome layout, LOVE that you used your mom's saree for accents, wonderful idea. I really love the bird too. Thanks for playing along at lasting memories.